Upgradealways;229632 Wrote:
> I run Vista Premium. My problem is playback. Any song whether it plays
> on my squeezebox or softsqueeze jitters. The music keeps on cutting. I
> have no problem on squeezenetwork. The squeezebox is wired to a linksys
> router so wireless is not an issue. The PC has plenty of capacity, 3
> gigs of RAM. No other process susceptible of taking resource is
> running. I have gone in the firewall and granted access to ports,
> slimserver, scanner.
>
> If I use the exact same setup but use an old Emachine underpowered as a
> source, I get no problem at all  (in runs on XP)
>
> I have the lastest slimserver version, it was doing the same older
> versions
>
> Any thoughts ?

I finally found a solution to my problem. I went back on Windopws XP.
All if fine now. Useless Vista consumed so much power that Slimserver
could not function properly (well I guess that s what it was). I
re-imaged my Pc to Windows XP, all is fine. Now I can relax and enjoy..

--
Upgradealways

SB3 Silver │ SB3 All Black│WI-FI on WRT54-GS │Itune
Libray on (ALAC) for now