The simple answer on price is that they are selling enough at the
current price to keep it there.  Just because they can lower it doesn't
mean they should.  I'm sure there will be a market for standalone music
players for years to come, but eventually there will be so many options
(some of them good), that SD will have to have made some smart moves.
That would most likely include new products as well as lower price
points.  Given they just gained access to Logitech's distribution
channel, they have a window of ability to greatly increase exposure of
the product...possibly without having to address the price.  As soon as
this new sales channel becomes expected, something new has to happen.
In the tech field, it's common to "eat your young" before someone else
does.  Hopefully for those of us who have invested (particularly the TP
owners), SD stays ahead of the field with hw and sw innovations that
help them remain relevant.  Otherwise we could have bricks on our
hands.  I always thought that if I got 3 years out of the TP, I'd feel
I got enough (not really, but how else could I justify buying a product
with the risk that it just go away because the small company fails).  I
was equally concerned with the Logitech thing because they make high
volume products that are a totally different market than the TP.  They
could have killed it immediately.  So far, it looks like luck has been
on our side, though.  The product is getting better and there appears
to be no fear of the product going away.

--
thomsens