lreinstein;253174 Wrote:

> - When I click BROWSE I get a list of Albums with an alphabetical
> index.  Thus clicking B gives me all of my B albums.  IS there a way to
> get a complete list that I can scroll...not just limited to a single
> letter?

You could try specifying a longer page length, though it will slow up
the interface. Server Settings - Interface - Items Per Page.

Or this recent announcement?
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41597

> - The Beginner Wiki suggests for Classical music to put the name of the
> artist/composer at the beginning of the Album title.  such as
> Beethoven--Fifth symphony.  Is this a good idea for pop music as well?
> Would it help to have artist name before title of his/her album?  Such
> as Beatles-- Abbey Road as the Album Title for Abbey Road.

Entirely up to you.  What would you like? Personally I don't do this,
and I don't know many people that do.  Mainly because if I want to
start by finding the artist I'll browse by artist, and then see the
list of albums.

The main reason I suggested considering putting the composer name in at
the beginning of a classical "album" name is that you otherwise are
likely to see a long list of "Symphony no 5"s when you browse by album:
the equivalent duplicate album name in the pop world is much rarer,
except of course for "Greatest Hits", where I do append the artist name
for clarity.

> - I am not sure what to do about Genre assignments.  I do not want to
> assign multiple Genre's since iTunes/Ipod i believe does not support
> it.  So for example, would one put Norah Jones as Vocal, as Pop, or
> ????   Is there some wisdom that you could share?

The only wisdom that counts is how YOU want to find the music.

Personally I'm a big fan of multiple genre assignments for exactly this
reason...

HTH

--
ceejay