norderney wrote:
> I managed to get hold of a 10m CAT5 cable and I connected it from my
> Router into the back of my SB1. I then went into SB1 setup and selected
> the option "Connect to an Ethernet Network". I then completed the rest
> of the setup procedure. Then I played a FLAC music track, which played
> ok UNTIL I did a search with the Search option. I searched on an
> artists name, then selected an album and when I did this there was a 3
> second break in muisic playback.

Ok, that proves it has nothing to do with wireless, then. I'm stumped as
to why this only started last week -- it's a known architectural problem
with slimserver, caused by the fact that slimserver does streaming and
web serving in the same process, and really should have always been
hitting you in this scenario.

My only guess is did you add a bunch of tracks to your library recently?
If so, you might have crossed a threshold making the advanced search
take longer.

The next question to ask is, do you have any modern SD players
(SB2/3/transporter)? Or just SB1s? If the latter, your best bet is to
transcode your FLAC library to MP3, and only put the MP3s in your
Slimserver library. Don't delete the FLACs, though!

That way, slimserver won't be transcoding in realtime, so there won't be
as much going on on the computer to compete with streaming when you do a
web search.

- Marc