Also regarding the lack of working headphone on release - could it not
be that this is partly because logitech dont actually want the
controller to be perceived as a portable squeezebox that can control
other SB's, rather than a brilliant controller that can also play
music? The latter is better IMO - if people wanted a portable SB they
would be a little disappointed, if they wanted a controller that does
other stuff they would be amazed by it :)

I cant wait for a version of Soft Squeeze running on it. I have always
looked at it and thought 'what if' - one of the first questions i asked
after getting my beta SBC was 'can i listen to music through it?'

Mainly, i would like a sort of basic DJ feature (although i was
thinking more about using the headphones).

Thats just one of lots of reasons i cant wait to see the software added
to play music on the controller, such as listening to the Cricket
results/commentary without interrupting my GF's TV show and still be
able to stay on the Sofa with her. Or listening to my tunes/podcasts
while moving the lawn. Or jacking it into a boombox... The list is
endless.

Hopefully a version of Softsqueeze be be available for the Jive
platform eventually (if its not already in early development already
;)), especially given how much interest there already is around it.

--
autopilot

SLIMSERVER:[/B] 7.0 APLHA (WINDOWS XP) + ALIENBBC, SLIMSCROBBLER &
LAST.FM.
*AMP:* CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (LIVING ROOM) / DENON MD30 (BEDROOM).
*SPEAKERS:* MISSION 701'S (LIVING ROOM) / KEF CRESTA 1'S (BEDROOM).
*REMOTE:* T-MOBILE MDA VARIO / HARMONY 525 (IR) / *BETA TESTING JIVE
REMOTE.
[B]Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)