I never get any of these arguments.  It's not just exchange.  There is
shipping, import tax, commission/surcharges on exchange, stocking
charges, and pay rates for whoever manages the whole thing locally.

Plus, as is often pointed out, you can buy online and get it shipped
yourself.  After all, it could be worse.  You could share a border and
still be told it's not available and can't be shipped across the
border.  When everything goes global, we'll all be better for it, but
then we'll get to complain about the even bigger megacorporations. :)

-kdf

--
kdf