The Drobo data robot was very attractive when it was announced, but a
non-starter for me because I need a NAS. What I really want is a NAS
that can run slimserver directly and not choke when I'm using the
web-based controller (unlike my NSLU2).

They just announced the DroboShare, which is a gigEther connected
SMB-only front end to a Drobo. It's a closed box, and won't run
applications other than Drobo.

I like the Drobo RAID technology better than Infrant's, but I would
need to come up with a slimserver box, preferably something that
doesn't have rotating parts. I'm not sure that the WRT54 family has
what it takes to run an SMB client and SlimServer and the web front end
... they're limited in both RAM and horsepower.

Any words of wisdom out there? I know the Drobo is new, but perhaps
you've already run slimserver on a WRT box or something similar? Which
one?

Thanks.

--
cak