One thing with the SB3 and SS combo is that things will work great for
months, and then one does something harmless like...

Change the fade-in-fade-out option for both players.

Then all things go to hell. None of the players would play music.
They'd have access to SS and would see the playlists and folders, but
would simply not play music. The songs never went past 0:00.

It got to the point where I told SS to forget both players and I
rejoined them, and yet after playing one song SS would  no longer see
the players, they'd disappear even though they were still playing music
(albeit would not react to the remote anymore).

Now I am just reinstalling SS and hope this works...

Phew... now it works. But it's these episodes that sometime make my
heart skip a beat or two. Players that disappear (hadn't happen in a
long time). Player that decides to play with volume at 100% in the
middle of the night (one ocurrence). Playlists that get modified
autonomously (a few times). One could see this from a glass half full
(not bad for 2 years of ownership) or half empty (too much for a
consumer product).

Now I have to wait for it to re-scan my music and playlists, and set up
my former preferences.

--
pablolie