I have a few russian albums. Earlier I have transliterated text with
latin characters. Yesterday, I decided to start writing everything in
cyrillic.

The directory names of the albums are still i latin, while the
indivdual file names are written with cyrillic characters. Same for all
relevant tags (mp3).

After a database update (update new and modified songs) a new album I
had never had on the server came up fine, while one I modified (it was
indexed before) was not updated. I even removed the directory, updated
the database (then it was gone from the index) and added it again. Then
the version with transliterated names were back (I did doublecheck I
used the cyrillic version).

Something must be cached somewhere. Anyone with a clue? I did not try
to restart the server or unmount the data disk before I readded the
modified album, so that is something to try. The server runs linux,
disk is formatted with ext2.

SB3 is running firmvare release 84
SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 16093 - Red Hat

--
Espen