bobharp;262458 Wrote:
> Ubuntu/Debian users.  Make sure you have lame installed.
That was it!  Apparently, the Debian SqueezeCenter apt-get is missing
the lame dependancy.  I did an "apt-get install lame" and it's
streaming OK now.  It took a while to verify that it was working
end-to-end; there was over 2 minutes of buffering somewhere in the
stream (probably Windows Media Player) so WMP was playing silence for a
long time after SC said it was actually streaming the first track.
Right now WMP Network Buffering is set to "Use default"; maybe I should
set it manually when using SC on a local connection.  Not a problem now
I know it working, though.

With all that got loaded automatically with SqueezeCenter, it never
occurred to me to check if something was missing.  Thanks for the tip!

--
Timothy Stockman