> I'm sorry to just post without researching this.

No need to be sorry - just do the search before ;-)

> I've been using four SLIMP3s with v4.1b1 of the server on Mac Panther
> and Tiger for about 8 years now. Without any firmware updates or any
> other changes to the server etc.

Wow, pretty impressive setup :-)

> I've just purchased a brand new iMac and will need to install the
> server. I'd like to install the latest server of course. Will this
> support the SLIMP3s?

Yes! And synchronization of SliMP3s even has been improved a lot. You'll
be able to use Pandora and Slacker on your SliMP3. Development hasn't
ceased.

> Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware off?

Go with SC7. It's still not officially released and everything, but the
last official build 6.5.4 has some issues with Leopard. And SC7 is the
best base for your next 8-10 years :-)

Michael