I suspect this is actually a manifestation of the "bizarre MAC cloning"
bug, whereby the SB somehow overwrites its own MAC address with that of
something else on the same LAN.......it's happened to me twice now (in 3
years of constant fiddling). I've never raised a bug against this
because its clearly pretty rare and almost certainly hard to reproduce
under testing conditions. It is nasty to debug though - but easily
fixed, once   detected - just key a new MAC address into the SB.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables