Robin Bowes;268276 Wrote:

> What part of "it can also be configured via the ethernet port" do you
> not understand?
>
> R.

Robin

Actually, the whole point of this part of the discussion is that the
SBR CAN'T be configured by its ethernet port. It will only, AFAIK,
initially talk wirelessly to an SBC.

The prospect is that eventually someone will make another wireless
device like a laptop able to be a substitute, but that still won't
allow the SBR to be configured via its ethernet port.

I guess the thinking behind this is that since the SBR on its own has
no input device you'd have no way of telling it how it should be
connected.  The "other" school of thought in this debate seems to be
that it should instead have been made to allow some sort of default
(DHCP) connection wired.  I have to say that sounds quite hard to make
work in practice, and I have a hard time sympathising with the heat
coming from some people who aren't getting what they want.

In the end this is a market - Logitech have either got it right or they
haven't, people will either buy SBCs and SBRs or they won't.

Chill and enjoy the music.

IMHO

--
ceejay