jmsent;277475 Wrote:
> Just installed 7.0 on my Mac G4 750 /384 with external WD 500GB firewire
> drive. 6.5.4 with this setup worked perfectly. With 7.0,my SB3 now
> responds extremely slowly to commands until I can finally select an
> album from the playlist menu and hit play. Once that album starts to
> play, then the response time returns to normal until the album
> finishes. Then the problem starts all over. I've reinstalled the
> program, rebooted both the computer and the SB 3, updated the firmware,
> rescanned the music library, and made sure that the paths to the music
> folders are correct, but to no avail. I've even started playback in
> itunes just to make sure that the external hard drive was not in sleep
> mode. Still the same problem. This just sucks. I want to go back to
> 6.5, but I can't figure out how to do that. Help!

Just installed a newly purchased SB3 and am having very similar
problem. Connects fine through setup but little or no response through
remote, unless like you I manage to select a track then things speed
up. If however I select a track through squeezecenter menu response is
fast straight away. Have emailed tech support, just paid £180 for
something that's so clunky it's unusable at the mo.

--
wonder boy