oivindi;282232 Wrote:
> I noticed the past tense, yes. Care to elaborate? ;)

I used the Lacie EDmini in conjunction with a UPNP enabled player
(Noxon 2). The EDmini has a Twonkyserver incorperated. This allowed me
to listen to music without my server switched on. With the
SqueezeBox/SqueezeCenter this changed. It first I was confused. Why
make the player so "dumb" and have most of the intelligence in the
server. On second thought this made perfect sense. For instance listing
albums takes ages on the EDmini/Noxon combination.

Now I had to keep my server switched on to have it SqueezeCentered.
Where my audio files still recided on the EDmini still accessible over
the net.
The problem with the EDmini was that quite frequently it would
disconnect itself from the net (don't ask me why), preferably during a
nightly rescan from SqueezeCenter leaving me with an empty library the
next day. Also the EDmini is very slow.

So I thought if I have to leave the server on anyway I connect a USB
drive and solve the performance problem.

The setup probably works fine with other NAS products. But I'm allowed
to buy one new NAS every quarter.

--
th00ht

SqueezeBox v3, SqueezeCenter (7.0.1 - 17793)
Quad 303 + Two Quad Electrostats