I started the poll that MC refers to.  Initially (during the beta stage)
I thought the iPeng was much better than the SBC, but some important
changes to the SBC (re battery life and scrolling, IIRC) made it take
the lead.  I now use my SBC most of the time, and iPeng almost never.

Much of the difference is down to the buttons - it's very handy to have
the SBC buttons - easier to pause when the phone goes!  It's also much
better at scrolling long lists.

I would still recommend the iPod Touch as a web tablet (it's far better
than the Nokia 770, IMO), so if that functionality interests you, get
one and see iPeng as a nice add-on, possibly as a third controller
after two SBCs.  However, if it's just as a Squeezebox controller, the
SBC is the thing to get.

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES