radish;286080 Wrote:

> Bitrate limiting (should be off)
> ReplayGain/SmartGain (also off)
> Digital volume control (should be fixed)

I agree, I cant hear any substantial difference between my
MeridianG98DH and the SB3 ? if set upp like this.

Replay gain has a bug that could end up in digital clipping.

A simple test would be to try to send an dts or dolby digital stream,
if the bits are altered by the server or SB3 the outcome would be white
noise.

Get a ripp of the same music made by somebody else to rule out your
ripping setupp.

I would also avoid ripping on a laptop off any kind, i've never seen a
good slimline drive (there may be such a thing but i never seen one).
To me many EAC is so slow.... treads seems to indicate use of laptop's
for ripping.

I'll watch this with interest as i'm afflicted by this audiophilia bug.

Another angle could be that the SB is on it's last leg ? ready to
breakdown any minute now.

--
Mnyb