rtitmuss wrote:
> You will only get regular forced updates when using the beta version of
> SqueezeCenter with the Controller. If you use the official release then
> any updates will only be for critical bug fixes (and we have only done
> one update for the 7.0 release).
>
> In the SqueezeCenter settings you can disable checking for software
> updates, and this will also stop any Controller updates from being
> downloaded. Be warned that you will need to re-enable this when you
> require a Controller update, for example when moving to a new version
> of SqueezeCenter.

Hi Richard,

I'm aware of the current possibilities. I'd like to be able to keep
things in the default setting, which I generally like but still have the
option to postpone an update when it's just not convenient like the
options, allow the user to select automatic update checks but also give
them the option to postpone them to a more convenient time.

Suppose this technology finds its way into cars and you can't start your
car until you've completed the car's OS update? Obviously with a
Controller the consequences aren't potentially as unacceptable, but the
principle remains the same.

Regards,
Peter