seanadams;290552 Wrote:
> The backlight is specced by its manufacturer for a minimum lifetime of
> 50,000 hours... but frankly I'd be quite pleased if _I_ ever manage to
> outlive an LED.

Thanks.  I used to think the same thing, then I bought a two pack of
LED nightlights from Walmart.  Despite supposedly lasting
"indefinitely," they both became noticeably darker after only a couple
of weeks, and this trend continued until they both ended up quitting
after only a few months use at night (i.e., in less time than a
conventional nightlight bulb would have lasted).  Obviously cheap
Chinese crap, but makes me rather leery about blanket claims for LED
lifetimes.

--
ncarver