Thansk..but did not have much luck with the first method.  I created a
Plugins directory under the Plugins directory.  In that directory I created
another directory called biogrpahy.  In that there are just 2 files:
install.xml (from the original Bio direcory) and the single 'strings' file
from the jive folder (i did not copy the acutal folder, just its
contents).   Restarted the server, nopthing shows up in the applet installer
on the controller. Looked around the SC settings in the web interface, did
not see anything....

On the second mehtod, what actual files should I put in the
/usr/share/jive/applets  folder?  just the 'strings' file from the jive
folder?  that does not seem right....i did install putty and the scp program
and can login to the controller..not that i am familillar with trhese
tools,  but i shoudl be able to figure that part out.  just need to know
what files need to go in there.  thanks very much. Charles