I have the CIA supply. it's a quality piece and the company is nice and
deliver's their stuff.
Good guys.

I would not say that anything has gotten substantially better as i use
the digital out.

But the old European supply was a nasty plastic thing that emitted a
burning smell ?
Did I say plastic as in probably unshielded and the wallwart was laying
close to my cabling.

So i bought it to limit possible interference sources in my systems at
least 3 other components has switchmode supplies, buts thats inside
metalcases with grounding.
I don't think switchers are bad in general.
It was just that the old SB3 wallwart was not oozzing quality :-)
I just thougth it would do some indirect harm to system not change the
audio quality of my SB3's digital out, that would be almost
impossible.

whatever you do never ever "buy" the Wellborne Labs supply. that
company has gone bad.
You can give him money but he will never deliver and you will not be
able to contact them again

btw should not this tread be moved to diy third party or audiphile ?

--
Mnyb