I've seen several instances of a particular strange behavior, and I'm
trying to determine where the problem lays. On some occasions, when I
power off an SB3, less than a minute later, it turns itself back on and
continues playing. Once the SB3 is in this state, if I hit the power off
again on the remote, the same thing happens: it's back to life in under
a minute. The only way I have figured out to get it to stay off in this
situation is to pause the music before powering off. Then everything
behaves normally.

A few pertinent facts and observations:

- I'm running Squeezecenter 7.0.1 on a Buffalo Linkstation Pro (with
FreeLink Linux). This may or may not be related to the problem. One of
the reasons I'm posting this in the General Discussion forum is to see
if anyone else has experienced the same thing with non-Linux
installations. I took a quick look in the bug database, and I didn't
see anything that looked like this problem, but then again, it wasn't
clear to me what search terms I should have been using.

- I have three SB3s, and I have seen this behavior on two of them, so
it's not the specific SB3 unit. (My third SB3 doesn't get used as much
as the other two, so perhaps I just haven't used it enough lately to
encounter the problem.)

- The times this problem has occurred have all been when playing
Random Mix. However, I play Random Mix much of the time, and most of
those times this problem does not occur. I'm not convinced Random Mix
necessarily has anything to do with it, but it might.

- I would estimate the problem happens about one out of five times I
turn off an SB3, but it's not consistent. I can't make it happen just
by turning an SB3 on and off five or even ten times in a row.

- A significant symptom that the SB3 will turn itself back on is when
I power it off, its screen goes completely blank rather than showing
the date and time screensaver that's normally displayed when the device
is "off" (actually a standby state). If I see a blank screen, I know
it's coming back to life on its own.

- One of the times the problem occurred, I had the Squeezecenter
window open in my browser, and I could see that even though I had
turned off the SB3, Squeezecenter showed that the music was still
playing. When the SB3 restarted itself about 30 seconds later, it was
playing at the point where Squeezecenter had already advanced. In other
words, Squeezecenter never paused or stopped the music during the period
when the SB3 was off. On that occasion, I checked the Squeezecenter log
immediately afterward, and there did not appear to be any entries or
errors related to this happening.

Anybody else seen behavior like this?

--
TiredLegs