Devers;301165 Wrote:
> I have been successfully using SB3 through wireless connection, but now
> need to connect through a homeplug setup.
> However, SB will now not connect to the router when using the Homeplugs
> i.e "cannot obtain ip address" message appears.
> Homeplug network connects fine with a laptop pc, just not with the
> Squeezebox.  I have tried a crossover cable between SB and Homeplug, as
> suggested in previous threads, but get the same error message.
> Modem=>Homeplug=>Homeplug=>Router=>Squeezebox (connects to
> squeezenetwork)
> Doesn't work..
> Modem=>Router=>Homeplug=>Homeplug=>Squeezebox
> Modem=>Router=>Homeplug=>Homeplug=>Squeezebox (with x-over cable)
>
> Any ideas anyone?
> Is the only solution to have another hub between the SB and homeplug?
> (Modem=>Router=>Homeplug=>Homeplug=>Router=>Squeezebox)
>
> System:
> Windows XP running Slimserver
> SMC Barricade Wireless Router
> MSI homeplugs
> Squeezbeox3
>
> Thanks
> Nick

Do you have security on your router set to restrict devices to only
those specifically named on a list?  I know I have that setting on my
Netgear router.
Also, are we talking about a separate Router and Modem? I noticed that
one of the connections, that you say works, has the Modem and Router in
different parts of the chain.

--
Lesu