Klaus;303304 Wrote:
> thanks for your advices, but there are several points ;-)
>
> - i don't want to convert my complete collection to mp3
> - i want something, as when you go into a single track in
> squeezecenter, you can download the original flac, as squeezecenter can
> stream realtime to mp3, would be nice if it can be downloaded as mp3
> - the thing should be somewhere in the gui, no external tools, because
> then it get's too complicated for others to use (e.g. wife, kids ;-)
>
> thanks for other input ;-)

You could try http://www.screamer-radio.com/, a stream ripper
Set up screamer-radio as you want it - recording folder etc and point
to http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3, (or whatever ip your squeezecenter
server is on) and away you go.  You can set up the player bit rate in
squeezecenter Settings > Players.

The main disadvantage is that Screamer records in real-time.

Quicker ways to do what you want have already been suggested by other
responders.

--
Ramage

T5500 1.6GHz, SC 7.0.1-18576 Win Vista, Alien 2.0
P4 2.6GHz, SC 7.0.1-17976 WinXP, Alien 2.0
P2 266MHz, ClarkConnect 4.1, SC 7.0.1-19663, Alien 2.0
AMD64x2 ubuntu 8.04, SC 7.0.1~19663, Alien 2.0