exile;304452 Wrote:
> iphone- i agree with you.
>
> where i was coming from was the angle that once someone sets up the
> basic squeezecenter the temptation to customize and tweak it is very
> strong due to all of the plugins. But I fully agree that a basic setup
> is something that anyone can accomplish.
>
> i also think that one of most attractive aspects of the squeezecenter
> is the customization options (plugins,etc) and I guess that is the area
> that isn't easily tackled. maybe part of my opinion is formed by a lot
> of frustration in wanting certain plugins to work on my system but my
> having to go thru a long process of troubleshooting to get those things
> to work correctly.

Well from that point of view, I completely understand where you are
coming from and what you were trying to say. I only run the plugins I
need or use all the time (which are few). I can see why some people
complain about CPU usage. Yes it can be high, but most of the time they
have every possible plugin running.

If open source has any downside, maybe it is to many plugins for us to
tinker and play with. I am glad I stopped programing 20 years ago or I
would be up to 4Am every night building code to try on the Squeezebox.

--
iPhone

iPhone
Last.FM http://www.lastfm.com/user/mePhone
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom:
SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3

Home Office: