Do you have any anti-virus software installed?  If so, make sure you
look in the settings of the antivirus software in order to tell it to
specifically NOT scan *.MYI and *.MYD files.

This is a known problem when running on windows, as the database
software used by SqueezeCenter seems to have a problem when its
temporary files are being scanned by AV software.

A common symptom is as you have described, pages that just seem to
hang.  If you look in the server log (server settings->advanced-
 >logging) you'll probably see something about  files with an
extension like the two above.

cheers,
kdf