jsa307;310322 Wrote:
> I'm new to streaming digital media, but was thinking about purchasing a
> squeezebox. After reading about it, one of the only downsides seems to
> be lack of support for 802.11n networking. Are there any squeezebox
> alternatives that support 802.11n? Is the squeezebox still the way to
> go? Everything else I've read about it seems to be great ..
>
> Thanks!

I have two Apple AirPorts in my house with separate network names.  One
is B/G and the other is N with B/G compatibility.  My SB3 connects to
the N as 802.11G and works great.  My MacBook Pro connects to the same
AirPort as 802.11N and screams at N date rates.  Since my Transporter
is wired, I've never had a bandwidth issue running G from the N
wireless.

BTW, the only reason I have B/G is for my wife's older iBook and guest
access.

--
Eric Seaberg

Eric Seaberg - San Diego - [EMAIL PROTECTED]