tonythetiger;310746 Wrote:
> Thanks all for the replies.
> I have changed to FLAC but not sure if it's helped.
> The TX rate has dropped to <2Mb some times, and has been 0 before too.
> I wasn't sure if that was SqueezeCenter not pumping out the tracks or
> if that was just bad network.
>
> Anyways, it seems like I either need a new router, or homeplugs, or cat
> 5e.
> For all the hassle I might well go 5e - at least I KNOW it will work.
> Am I just unlucky - how on earth has the DUET been so well reviewed ?

Because in general the problems that people experience are to do with
their wi-fi/router/network/PC rather than anything inherent in the
Squeezeware.
So yes you could say you are unlucky or more likely there is an
undiagnosed problem in your setup.
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables