SuperQ;311222 Wrote:
> Seems like a good solution.
>
> OT: What are you using for backups?  I have been using backuppc to
> auto-backup several linux/mac laptops.

I have a Drobo RAID array connected to the Ubuntu 8.04 server. That is
where everything goes for backup for now - both from Ubuntu and
Windows, using their standard tools. While Drobo claims Linux is
unsupported, it works just fine.

That said, regularly I back up the entire music collection onto a drive
using SynchoMagic, a nice utility for that kind of things. I then take
the drive to my office and keep it there.

I had experimented with an online storage service, but the load times
are too long until we get fiber to the home. :-)

--
pablolie