gb115b;314282 Wrote:
> but for this i have to have access to the squeezecenter web interface
> right?
>
> and there's nothing stopping on of my technically illiterate friends
> logging in and sappign all my bandwidth...
>
> i wish it was a server setting somewhere

If you are talking about remote streams, rather than remove
SqueezeBoxes, it used to be possible to set the bitrate limit as an
option on the connection url.

eg. http://localhost:9000/stream.mp3?bitrate=128kbps

I'm not sure whether this still works any longer, or whether it should
be bitrate=128.  But try it out.  If that works, you can give this url
to your friends (obviously replacing <localhost> with your server name
or IP address.

--
Philip Meyer