I think that while using a small system drive is appropriate for many
server systems, WHS thinks different.

The general recommendation for WHS is to use the largest drive as the
system drive. This is because WHS partitions off a system drive and
then uses the physical drive as a 'landing zone'.

Depending on how keen you are to persevere with WHS you should try
re-installing WHS on the largest physical drive.

I've been using WHS for almost a year and, after some initial teething
problems with getting consistent playback from Slimserver, I have been
very impressed. The great backup system has already saved me once and I
find the whole thing just chugs away with minimal maintenance
day-in-day-out.

--
redgum