Thanks Phil,

Well, perhaps Vista is too sophisticated, or I'm too new to it, because
when I explore the C: drive it shows the files as C:/Music and then it
just lists them by song number - artist - song - album.filetype.

I had EAC autotag them accordingly when I ripped them as flac files
based on recommendations. It seemed as good as any other way of tagging
them at the time. I haven't used any external tagging program, or
processed the files after ripping.

So when I sort the files in Windows by name, they are sorted by all
number 01's first, 02's next etc. If I try to sort them differently
they end up as A-F as stated earlier. So I guess I must have tagged
them in a very non-helpful way then. I understood this tagging to be
useful since it would list songs in order by album.

Any further clarification appreciated.

--
dbrotzen