Hi
I am am a longtime SB+ user which is connected fairly directly to my
WHS via the router. Works perfectly streaming flacs or whatever. Now I
have acquired a second box (wired only SB3) which is connected to the
same network via a pair of 200mb Netgear homeplugs. This works fine for
radio usually and a lot of the time it will work for music as well but
it doesnt take much for it to start stuttering which drives my wife
insane. Network Test suggests the throughput drops to about 75% at
1000. Marginal if nothing else is happening on the network, but one big
download somewhere and its unlistenable. Ive tried all kinds of things
at the homeplug end with no change that 1000 is just about the best it
can do - must be the age of the wiring or something. The machine below
is not used for critical listening though just background - I could
live with 256 mp3 in that room. Is it possible to tell squeezecentre to
transcode to mp3 just for that machine? I can't see how to do it. If
anybody can do it can you give me step by step instructions!

Thanks

Graham

--
gandt