ralphpnj;327338 Wrote:
> I've already suggested in another thread that Slim Devices should
> partner with one of the established audio companies, such as Sony,
> Marantz, etc., and produce an A/V receiver with a built-in SqueezeBox
> Receiver. SqeezeNetwork and SqueezeCenter can then be used to provide
> both 2 channel and mutli-channel audio. Yes, SqueezeCenter can stream
> 5.1 channel encoded digital audio signals provided that the digital
> output is fed into a DAC capable of decoding the 5.1 channel signal,
> and almost all A/V receivers have this ability. Just some additional
> food for thought.

A very good idea - my Onkyo TX-NR905 has a built-in ethernet (cable)
based music streamer and it's *rubbish* for two reasons: 1) I need to
switch on my TV to choose tracks and 2) the UI is incredibly clunky.
If, as you suggest, it were based on Receiver + Controller technology
then Onkyo would be on to a sure fire winner. Though the Controller
would need to be more versatile, taking on the role of a regular IR
remote control too in order to keep costs down, something Logitech and
their Harmony division could create I'm sure.

--
Milhouse