Apologies that I won't every be able to make these discussions, my 8-5 job will
prevent me from doing so.

I think you're on the right track, the user story should be very focused on
that specific story. Unless the user story is for someone forking the snowdrift
website, then libs and databases are probably not appropriate in the story.
When I begin yo craft marketing and/or help information based on the user
story, I won't care that the database is postgres or how the tables are laid
out. In fact, those details would actually slow me down in doing my work.

Taking a more agile approach and working on what is directly in front of you
seems like it'd be a good idea here, but I may be wrong.

I also agree with focus on the MVP.

-m