Holacracy is an alternative organizational system to a traditional management hierarchy. Implementing it here at Snowdrift.coop has been on the to-do list for a while, and now that we're finally getting organized about how we're doing things, it's happening! I'm currently taking the lead on it but it would be really helpful to have another person who became a Holacracy expert, and could share facilitation duties.

Our next step is to schedule our first governance meeting. I don't know how long it will take, but since it's our first and we'll be learning Holacracy's process in addition to the initial setup of everything, I'd like to try to block out 3 hours. Not everybody needs to be there for the whole thing (although that's preferable), but at some point, we do *need* myself, wolftune, salt, mray, and chreekat. (do y'all prefer I use your irc nicks or your full names?). Can somebody (wolftune, chreekat?) take the lead on this?

There are two things that can make a Holacracy meeting successful; either can make up for the other: the people in the meeting being good / practiced at holacracy, and a good facilitator. I'm going to do my best to facilitate well.. and I'd also like to hedge my bets. If you're planning on attending, I'd like you to:

Check out Monday's minutes. They're useful even if you were in the meeting -- I edited them to be much more clear. http://shovel.snowdrift.coop/meetings/28 Watch these videos. They're pretty understandable at 1.25x or 1.5x speed. As usual, 2x is a stretch, but do-able:
[2 min] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHfVoQUj54
[18 min] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJxfJGo-vkI
[34 min; just watch 24:30-58:38] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGLJRpAKS6E

Also, please think about what your CURRENT *ongoing* responsibilities are and come prepared with those. A reasonable litmus test for "is it ongoing" is "does it start with a -ing verb?"

Cheers,
Stephen

Totally not required, but if you have a particularly large amount of time on your hands, this is another useful one, starting at 12:15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQU9FcE2NI

Aaron -- if you can come with a signed copy of this, with yourself as lead link:
https://github.com/holacracyone/Holacracy-Constitution/blob/master/Adoption%20Declaration%20Sample.pdf