On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 06:48:58PM -0400, Stephen Michel wrote:
> Attached is a little diagram of how I think of the mailing list membership.
>
> I don't believe there's anything official about how they're set up, but
> you'll still possibly miss info if you're not on a higher-level mailing
> list. I'd also *like* to make that view of the mailing lists official, in
> the future.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

Hello,

I assuredly don't speak for everyone. However, I think I could provide
for a case study. I have no interest in design or law, so I'm not
subscribed to those lists.

Most of the discuss list (recently, at least) is about stuff I don't
care about, like governance, holacracy, meetings, events, etc. Moreover,
the messages occur very frequently, so it's difficult to ignore
them. There have been 48 messages in March alone. Hence, I don't
subscribe to the discuss list.

If you would like me (and I assume many of us) to subscribe to the
discuss list, it needs to be about things of general interest, that
concern the majority of the community. Stuff about governance, meetings,
project management, and what not should go in its own mailing list.

Peter Harpending