On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 11:16:09AM -0700, Aaron Wolf wrote:
 On 05/17/2016 10:21 AM, Bryan Richter wrote:
> Website work is blocked on taking care of the blog, so let's do that.
 > We have to make some decisions, but first we need to agree on what
 > purpose we are trying to achieve.
 >
> To frame the "purpose" discussion, I'll pose the first question: Where
 > does the blog live? The decision flowchart starts with:
 >
 >     1. Blog lives on the main site
 >     2. Blog lives somewhere else
 >
 > Which shall it be?

None of those require the blog being on the main site. If we decided to use Ghost (one of the blog options more appealing to me as an end user and in particularly liking the project and the project's values), and we had a link to our blog on the main site (perhaps even a feed with titles in a side-bar on the project, but not strictly necessary), and we made it clear to other projects how to easily get set up with Ghost, then it
 could address all my concerns.

I briefly looked at Ghost, and I'd obviously want to use Sandstorm to
host it. But the Sandstorm version is two *very active* years behind
the standalone version! That's a major issue.

But in a lot of other ways, Using Sandstorm + Ghost is very appealing
to me. I would like to look into estimating how much work it would be
to package up a more recent version of Ghost.

And/or, get a more recent version of Ghost on Oasis.