"Free the Commons" is a nice, short, relevant slogan. It's a call-to-action.

But freeing in what sense? What commons? What are "the commons"? And
technically, "commons" are rivalrous shared resources, not actually the
public goods which are technically what we're working with.

I just was chatting with Robert and ended up saying "I don't think we'll
come up with much better, but the idea we want to express is something
like 'Crowdmatching to fund public goods'"

Well, what do you think?

** Crowdmatching to fund public goods **

It's longer and wordier than "free the commons" but is more accurate. It
gets right away into our use of 'crowdmatching' and clarifies that it's
for fundraising, and uses "public goods" correctly. I'd think a reader
would immediately say "what's crowdmatching?" and "what are public
goods?" at which point those are indeed *the* two questions we want
people to ask and that we want to answer concisely in order to introduce
Snowdrift.coop.

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop