On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 17:10:23 -0500
Stephen Michel <stephen.mic...@tufts.edu> wrote:

> This is the spiritual successor to Bryan's "Snowdrift.coop's
> immediate goals" (quoted below), but is a bit broader in scope, so
> I'm starting a new thread.

I know that Aaron mentioned this in a subthread, but I wanted to
re-iterate. This seems like a separate topic of discussion.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:10:00 -0800
Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:

> This is all early optimization.

Again, thank you Aaron.

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 17:10:23 -0500
Stephen Michel <stephen.mic...@tufts.edu> wrote:

> The reality is, each project's constraints will be different. I
> informally propose the following approach to calculate things:
>
> 1. Define an income goal.
> 2. Define an patron count goal.
> 3. Calculate $pp ($ needed per patron), income/patrons
> 4. Calculate match level, $pp / patrons

This is a decent model to consider and it would be nice to have some
graphs in a financial report for Snowdrift.coop

> Thoughts?

Regarding the topic at hand, I am on the side of "Don't Make Me Think".
Adding any additional pledge settings is contrary to this.

We have agreed that some method is needed for patrons who want to give
more. The agreed upon method (I think) is to change the pledge rate.

Would anyone be able to meet tomorrow morning at 10am PT, noon ET,
13:00 UTC?

--
William Hale
aka Salt