On 12/22/2016 06:50 PM, Jason Harrer wrote:
> Not sure where my comments would fit into the conversation, so please
> forgive me in advance for responding on top instead of within the thread.
>
> I think the topic of next steps is a great idea.  I think the topic of
> modifying the current logic is rather premature.  We don't have enough
> data to determine the efficacy of what we already have.  I strongly
> recommend we wait for the mechanism to start working before we determine
> whether or not it's broken.
>
> I feel we need to focus more on website functionality instead.  As I see
> it, we have several great possible next steps that ultimately need to
> get done (though not sure what order we want to tackle them):
>
> 1) User enhancement:  We have the bare minimum user capabilities (not
> even a user's name anymore).  We could take the time to flesh out the
> user's settings, make administration pages to allow a user/admin to
> reset passwords (get away from manually making manual changes to the db).
>
> 2) Project pages:  Obviously, this needs to happen before we can add
> more projects, and we would need to consider whether or not we would
> transition the Snowdrift.coop project into the same framework we set up
> for all other projects.  Plenty of work to be done in this area:  The
> page itself, sign up pages, admin pages (because, again, better
> ultimately to avoid manual changes to the db)...
>
> 3) Data reporting:  We've discussed in the past setting up charting
> using SVG or some other format easily integratable (not sure if that's a
> word, but...) within HTML/CSS.  We'd need to determine what data we want
> to present, set up functions that calculate the data and the front end
> to display it.
>
> 4) Subsite integration:  We already have SSO code for Discourse, but not
> sure if/which other subsites will need to be integrated into
> Snowdrift.coop for use by normal users.  If there are others, we'll want
> to try to figure out SSO for them as well.  We may also want to figure
> out some site integration testing for the various subsites to ensure we
> don't accidentally break something down the road.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> - Jason (JazzyEagle)

All great thoughts, Jason! I hope that we get the SSO and the rest of
Discourse set up soon, because this is a perfect case for it. I want to
move your post to a new thread etc. but that's not how mailing-lists work…

I think *discussing* this is good here and then Discourse when ready.
Doing the actual organizing about which things are priority and should
have our attention should still be at
https://tree.taiga.io/project/snowdrift

Personally, I'm taking the limited focus I have and working on writing
things that relate to intro video, wiki content, stuff in Discourse,
etc. and wanting to prioritize getting to a point where we can look at
the site and feel good enough to make an announcement about the alpha
launch.