On April 10, 2017 5:03:26 PM EDT, Mike Linksvayer <m...@gondwanaland.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop>
>wrote:
>it's

>>> Did I miss this? I don't see a beta launch mentioned on the site or
>>> mailing lists.
>>
>> We've been scrambling (despite various personal distractions) to get
>the
>> site at a presentable quality we want people to actually see and get
>> good impression, so we've been delaying the announcement until then.
>> Meanwhile, the soft unannounced launch of the first working
>real-money
>> pledge is live!
>
>I finally looked and pledged, and see that I'm the 47th crowdmatcher
>for the Snowdrift.coop project. Hooray! Is there going to be an
>announcement soon?

We're not quite ready to make an announcement. There are two things the current
site does not do well enough yet:

1. Explaining what we are, so that someone not already familiar with the
project could understand.
2. Guiding visitors through the steps to create an account and pledge.

To address these, we are going to update the design and add an introductory
video. As we'll make an announcement as soon as they're done.

Although they are not the very latest versions, you can see our progress at
https://snowdrift.sylphs.net/prototypes/alpha/ and
https://snowdrift.sylphs.net/d/29adfc9157/?p=/intro_video/Renders

There is not *that* much left to do, but we're currently a 100% volunteer team,
so progress can be slow when we've got other things going on in our lives.

Thanks for sticking around. I'm excited, too!

~Stephen