On 07/03/2017 08:47 PM, Bryan Richter wrote:
> I was just looking up git-annex, and came across the following
> recursively referential articles:
>
> - https://joeyh.name/blog/entry/removing_everything_from_github/
> - https://www.mirbsd.org/permalinks/wlog-10_e20170301-tg.htm
> -
> http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/what_I_would_ask_my_lawyers_about_the_new_Github_TOS/
>
> tl;dr: some people think it is necessary to remove all FLO work in
> order to comply with their new ToS.
>
> Has anyone done any reading or talking or listening about this stuff?

Short version: not a real issue, don't waste your time. There are real
problems to worry about, this isn't one.

We had a chat about this at the time and I recall even FSF folks
weighing in. I'm not going to look up all the linke. The tragic
interpretation of the new ToS doesn't hold up well to scrutiny. The
wording in the ToS should be improved, and it's fine to criticize it for
opening up this interpretation, but we have no worries.

For one reference, see the top post at
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13766933 from a lawyer.