On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Alyssa Rosenzweig <aly...@rosenzweig.io> wrote:
Marten's pitch was to get donation links included into package managers, which is a notable innovation I see in TrinkGeld, regardless of whether it
 has other issues.

As in

    $ apt donate inkscape "$50"

or

    $ apt install inkscape

    Installed, would you like to make a donation at this time [y|N]?

or

    $ apt donate --trinkgeld "$100"

or what? Packagae managers aren't really built for this type of thing,
and I'm not convinced that a layered on fix -- which seems to be how
both TrinkGeld and Snowdrift are structured -- will gain enough momentum
to be worthwhile due to the sheer UX concerns.

His idea was more like a link in the gnome software center.

Having an explicit prompt like idea #2 would be annoying, but I could imagine

   $ apt install inkscape

Installed. Consider becoming an Inkscape patron at snowdrift.coop/p/inkscape