On 09.11.2015 17:20, Ethan White wrote:
On 11/09/2015 10:35 AM, Karin Lagesen wrote:
I am testing out setting up for a shell, git, python workshop on a
windows machine. I am following these guidelines here:

http://software-carpentry.org/workshops/setup.html

First, are these the latest up-to-date instructions?
The instructions in the workshop template should be the most up to date
and detailed:
https://github.com/swcarpentry/workshop-template/blob/gh-pages/index.html

Second, do I need the Software Carpentry installer ( I think I do,
just checking).
Yes.

Third, in that case, can somebody tell me where the binary for the
installer is? The link just currently points back onto the page
itself, and I couldn't detect a binary in the git repo.
The link in the workshop template pages is the correct one:
http://files.software-carpentry.org/SWCarpentryInstaller.exe

or you can get the directly the the GitHub repository's Releases page:
https://github.com/swcarpentry/windows-installer/releases

Thanks, this was just the info I needed :)

Karin