Hi all,

Clover Health is always looking for engineers and data scientists, but I
want to make a particular pitch for my team of engineers, which works on
our data platform. (I'm a manager on the team.) Our big responsibility is
data: making sure it's fresh, available, and accessible to the folks that
need it. We work on our system for importing external data sources (of
which we have a lot) and having a platform for our data science team to run
analyses, among other things.

We work primarily with Python 3 and SQL. We're heavy users of the pipeline
management tool Airflow. We're looking for folks who are interesting in
working on data pipelines, intelligent data platforms, and learning a lot
about the business of health insurance. This job listing has more info:
https://www.cloverhealth.com/en/about-us/job-opening?gh_jid=73756 (Note
that that description is for a “senior” engineer, but we are also
interested in less experienced people who are passionate about what we do.
Tech industry experience is not a necessary prerequisite.) Our office is in
San Francisco situated right next to a BART station. We do not support
remote workers, but we do provide relocation assistance to the Bay Area.

Working for a health insurance company might sound kind of mundane, but we
have a powerful mission that aligns the health of our members with our
ability to make money (check out this blog post from our CEO:
https://technology.cloverhealth.com/improving-outcomes-is-hard-but-heres-why-we-know-it-s-worth-doing-f6cd3dc5dbe5#.rjodskawx).
Our engineering team is particularly passionate about diversity and
inclusion, and we strongly encourage folks from underrepresented
backgrounds to apply.

If you have any questions or would like to apply please send me an email!

Best,
Matt