Hi everyone,

Steve Bond and John Didion used the new "intro to Python for data analysis using Gapminder data" lesson at NIH recently; as well as filling in a bunch of exercises (thanks!), they rearranged the order of the episodes - you can see their version at https://biologyguy.github.io/python-novice-gapminder/. I've opened an issue at https://github.com/swcarpentry/python-novice-gapminder/issues/113 to discuss whether their order makes more sense than the original: on the one hand, it's a more logical bottom-up progression, but on the other, it means that the data analysis stuff takes longer to get to. Please add your comments to the issue: should we stick to the existing order, or use the NIH's?

Thanks to John and Steve, and thanks in advance for your feedback,

Greg

--
Dr Greg Wilson
Director of Instructor Training