Hi,

here are some slides I'm using for a quick (not that quick tough) presentation. In parallel, I run git commands and draw a diagram with the current folder, the .git, the history:
http://home.heeere.com/research.html#twitwi/Presentation-2016-09-01-git-gitlab-hcurien

On the same page, if you scroll up to 2017-01-20, you'll also find a longer material (1 day) with the beginning in French, but the git part in English.

Cheers,
Rémi