Hi Nathan

Yes, they are mostly self-organized. People can request a workshop through
the website http://librarycarpentry.github.io/about/ (form is at the
bottom) or through the workshops part of our chat room
https://gitter.im/LibraryCarpentry/workshops

There are quite a few instructors in the US - Tim Dennis from UCLA and I
trained a librarian cohort in Portland OR last year, so there may be people
not too far away who can help out.

I am happy to talk to anyone who is thinking about it.

cheers
Belinda

Belinda Weaver
Community Development Lead