On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 04:06, OldSarge wrote:
> Wesley Parish wrote:

> >>Could be interesting when combined with Asterix (the Open Source PBX
> >>software):
> >>
> >>http://www.asterisk.org
> >
> >i'm trying to put all three together, as a thought-experiment.
> >
> >Together with a workable OCR and PenPoint style thingee. ;)
> >
> >That would be nice, positively nice.
> >
> >>Regards and best wishes,
> >>
> >>Justin Clift

> >Wesley Parish
>
> To Wesley Parish and Justin Clift: Is there any chance that Voice
> Recognition will be set up in the near future, for Linux?

It'll be a user-mode program, on the same level as the X Window System.

That's all I'm willing to venture at the moment.  (You understand, thought
experiments _don't_ involve outlays of money and computer time - only time.
This isn't the first time I've thought about Voice Recognition.  For an
amateur linguist, it's a fascinating topic. :-)

Wesley Parish

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?